The functionality of the corespun yarn is provided by silver-coated multi-filaments, which are adapted to the final count and the fibres used in coverage.
According to application, different fibres can be chosen for covering e.g.
- natural fibres such as cotton, viscose, linen etc. or
- man-made fibres such as polyester, aramid, Trevira CS (flame retardant), polyamide, glass fibres, etc.
Due to the various combination possibilities of different fibre, core materials and the construction of the fabric, these yarns provide a wide range of applications.
Antistatic Discharge (ESD):
- home textiles: carpets, curtains and upholstery fabrics (precautions against fire by usage of Trevira CS, certificate according EN 13772/EN 13773)
- clothing for workwear e.g. high sensibilty clean room produktion (Waver, Chips...)
- explosion protection safety clothes (e.g. for laboratory staff)
Protection from electromagnetic waves and fields:
- as additional function in fabrics for constructions, reinforcement fabrics, fabric wall coverings
- eavesdrop protection (e.g. Blue Tooth, Wireless Lan), hospitals (ECG rooms)
- preventive protection of people, bed canopies, bed linings, clothing, linings
- safety clothes for workwear (e.g. radar technicians)
- protection of small children, pregnant women, allergic people
- for medical applications
- anti-odour e.g. sportswear, socks, underwear
- the tested garments endure at least 50 washing cycles at 60°C (home laundering)
- industrial laundering may be possible on request
All applications can also be achieved in combination, depending on the constructions of the fabrics and ready-to-wear garments.